School Opening September 2021
Dear Parents & Carers,
We look forward to welcoming you and your children back to school in September. As we are returning to a more normal timetable, below is some information that you will find useful about your child’s return to school.
- The school day begins at 8:50am with registration
- School will be open from 8:30am for a ‘soft start’, meaning your children can arrive anytime between 8:30am and 8:50am
- Any child arriving after 8:50am will be marked as late
- We would recommend that pupils enter school through the following gates
- Nursery & Reception pupils via the Nursery Gate
- Key Stage 1, Year 3 & Year 4 pupils via the Main Gate
- Year 5 & Year 6 pupils via the Hall Gate
- The school gates will be closed at 8:50am. If your child arrives after this time please use the main gate and enter school via the main office
- We ask that pupils continue to wash their hands in the outdoor sinks before entering the school buildings
- The school day finishes at 3:05pm. Parents/Carers will be asked to collect their children from their classrooms as we did before Covid restrictions. Your child’s class teacher will inform you of where to collect your children if you are unsure
- Breakfast club will begin from 6th September and will again take place in the Dining Room, starting at 8:00am. This will be charged at £1 per pupil per day, payable via Parentpay
- We will be running after school clubs again from September, with further details to follow via Class Dojo
Do keep an eye on our website, newsletter and class dojo, where we will inform you of any changes or pertinent information.
Thanks for your continued support
Mr D Hemington
THINGS TO REMEMBER
Attendance at school is now mandatory. All children are expected to come to school.
Children must wear school uniform.
Children will be asked to wash their hands before and after each session using the outdoor sinks provided. Hand sanitising stations are also available at the entrance to each classroom.
Children, staff and visitors are NOT required to wear a face covering in school.
Children will be asked to come to school in their PE kit on the day of their PE lesson (White T shirt and school jumper, hoodie or fleece; plain blue or black shorts; plain blue or black tracksuit bottoms; trainers)
Children should not attend school if they are unwell or if they have COVID-19 symptoms (new continuous cough, high temperature or loss of their sense of taste or smell)
Parents/carers are expected to inform school of their absence and to arrange to get a test.
If a child is unwell in school or showing COVID-19 symptoms, they will be taken to the ‘sick bay’ and parents will be contacted immediately. Please make sure we have up to date phone numbers.
ALL PARENTS/ CARERS ARE EXPECTED TO COMPLY WITH THE NHS TEST AND TRACE PROCESS.
ANY CHILDREN WHO HAVE BEEN IN CLOSE CONTACT WITH A POSITIVE CASE NO LONGER HAVE TO ISOLATE FOR A TEN DAY PERIOD.
SS John Fisher & Thomas More Catholic Primary School is part of the Wythenshawe Catholic Academy Trust. More details about the Trust can be found by following the link to the website below:
Please follow our new school Twitter account @ssjftmprimary for updates and information.
WYTHENSHAWE CATHOLIC ACADEMY TRUST